Sunday, May 6, 2012

Euthanasia And Beliefs


I don’t often link to letters to he editor, but this one makes a very cogent case against the culture of death.
Legal euthanasia kills justice for all
As the spokesperson of a Catholic bioethics centre, there are some who discount my message because of my religious affiliation, rather than on the basis of its merits. It's a classic case of "playing the man instead of the ball". As two commentators noted in response to comments I recently made about the dangers of legalising euthanasia: "I am sick of the religious trying to force their narrow views on society.
"Dictate what you like to your own flock, stay the hell out of the affairs of people who want nothing to do with your beliefs."
The point being made by these commentators is that religion should have nothing to do with the debate about euthanasia. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page