Thursday, October 20, 2011

Australia: Politician Clearly Opposes Euthanasia


Here's refreshingly frank opposition to the pro-deathers from an Aussie politician.
Euthanasia debate brings Liberal MP Adrian Pederick to tears
OPPOSITION agriculture spokesman Adrian Pederick has broken down in tears during a euthanasia debate in State Parliament while recalling the death of his father-in-law in an Adelaide hospital.
Mr Pederick today used his speech to call on fellow MPs to vote against measures that would give doctors a legal defence if they administer pain-killing drugs which hasten death.
"I witnessed my father-in-law passing away a couple of years ago, and it was pretty tough. But, at the end of the day, we knew that he was getting the best of care at Ashford Hospital," an emotional Mr Pederick said.
"We were told at the end, and I knew the day I saw him for the last time, that he might have three weeks to live but I think for his benefit, because he had had enough, he slipped away in the next week and a half.
"I still do not condone endorsing euthanasia, because I think the doctors know damn well what they are doing. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page