Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Family's Journey With A Severely Disabled Child


Here's a very good piece about a family living with a child with severe disabilities. It's these kinds of children that the pro-deathers want to get rid of.
They said he had weeks to live
I suppose I seemed a bit too self-assured, strolling into the Family Surgery Waiting room as though I owned the place. I knew to wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes; it was always so frigid in there, and my boy's surgeries seemed to take longer than most. I'd often venture into the gray-white hallways of the hospital, loitering like a familiar vagabond, hoping a doctor or favorite nurse would see me and feign interest in a grain of conversation. Bizarrely, this place had become one of my few social outlets. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page