Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ah, Murder, The Ultimate Gift Of Love


Gee, remind me to never be loved by someone who sees killing me as a loving act . . .
I love my Tony, and that's why I need to kill him
A paralysed stroke victim and his wife argue that legislation preventing her from helping him to die violates his human rights By Nina Lakhani Sunday, 19 December 2010
For Jane Nicklinson, love is now a matter of life and death. Despite proving beyond doubt her devotion to her husband, Tony, the former nurse has agreed to kill him. Five and a half years ago he suffered a catastrophic stroke which left him paralysed from the neck down, able to move only his head and eyes. Within months, realising he was never going to get better, Tony, 56, made it clear to Jane that he wanted to die. What has unfolded since is, to some, the ultimate love story while, to others, it is a plan for premeditated murder. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page