Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Some Sanity In The Aussie Fascination With Euthanasia


Given the Aussie flirtation with assisted suicide and euthanasia, here’s a refreshing and utterly rational defense of people with disabilities as valuable, something that the pro-deathers routinely deny.
DISABILITY AND EUTHANASIA – A PERSONAL REFLECTION
It’s probably quite difficult to understand the viewpoint of a person living with a disability.  I once thought it almost impossible. But that all changed when I met my wife-to-be. Anne’s older brother lived all his life with a significant intellectual disability.
My introduction to my future brother-in-law was handled extremely gently. I guess having grown up with Mark, Anne understood that people were often visibly uncomfortable in his presence and expected me to be no different. She was right. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page