Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hard on the Heels of the UK Assisted Suicide Guidelines Issued Earlier Today, Poster People Put on the Pressure

Well, it didn't take long for the poster people campaigning for completely legalized assisted suicide to come out and say that the guidelines are still too restrictive.

From The Guardian:
Law on assisted dying is inhuman, says GP with cancer
Dr Ann McPherson, a 64-year-old GP from Oxford, does not have long to live. Fourteen years after being diagnosed with breast cancer, she now has terminal pancreatic cancer, with secondary cancer in her lungs. She is no longer receiving treatment and takes only the painkiller morphine. 
"The prognosis is that I am going to die in the next weeks or months," she said today. "Assisted dying is something I have considered. I have no idea if I want it, that depends on how my dying goes. But I want it to be there.
"I don't want to go to Zurich, to some anonymous facility; I would want to do it in my own bed. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page